Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Few Crazy Things to Learn.

By Linda Patton -- July 15, 2015

What a crazy week! This week I am learning what it really means to be a college student. This week I am learning that it doesn’t matter if everyone else is on vacation, Mom must finish her assignments and not go help with the numerous projects going on around the farm, no matter how much I want to.

Some other things I have learned this week:

  •  There is not enough data in the country to keep up with online classes, but OTC provides a great place where a student can go and download all of her power point notes, videos for discussion, and numerous other online projects in order for her cell phone provider not to charge her phenomenal prices for exceeding the data limit in her contract.
  •  My family can find things to do on their own, as well as do dishes (who knew) and laundry.
  •   It feels wonderful to take a class final and finish the course for the semester, leaving me more time to focus on English research.
  • Life goes on if you miss a few questions on the final and did not meet the final goal that you set for yourself.
  • I must put a GIANT TESTING SIGN on the door in order to remind my nieces and nephews that they can’t come in every time the wind blows.
  •  A broken toe is a magnet, everyone will run into it at least once a day, and all dogs everywhere will want to lick it. Ouch!
  • f I don’t feed my family – they don’t eat. Even though they are 15, 23, and 53, they still wait for mom to fix supper, even when she warned them that she had a final due.
  •   I see a difference in my writings. I went back through some stories from years ago and I am beginning to see small differences of techniques we have learned in class.
       Finally, I am learning that it’s not pleasant to be up at 12:40 catching up on blogs. I must correct this issue. And now I think I will go to bed and start fresh again in the morning learning new and exciting things and knowing I now only have 2 classes! Woohoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment