Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Strength for the Day
June 23, 2015

Good Morning World!

What a beautiful day! I wake this morning to a full day. In fact, I wonder if it’s even possible to get it all done. Before I can even begin to think about answering that, I realize that I am so excited. The classes that I picked this summer, complement each other very well. Health and Fitness challenges me not to forget the importance of taking time to eat right and exercise; Computer Application has made my assignments significantly easier; and English demands that I read, which I haven’t taken time to do in a long time.

My husband, daughter, and son are each getting ready for their individual days of work and school. My son, Joshua is scurrying around to find the last item on the list of props needed for his performance tonight.

Before anything else happens I will do what we refer to as “morning chores,” which translates as taking care of the animals and everything else needed on a daily basis. The chicken yard is very busy these days. We have three new Momma hens. That adds up to 20 babies. That is a lot of babies for our little yard. When I walk out the door, birds come flying to me from everywhere. Once yesterday, I went out to check on everyone, and one hen with eleven babies came out of the dog house, with the dog behind her. That was the funniest thing. It isn’t a large dog house, but those chickens are that dog’s pride and joy. They are her “Job,” as well as her family.

After chores are done, and my son is delivered to school, I must do some necessary, but small things to prepare for the repairman that is coming today, eat breakfast, and then jump in on my assignments.

Details of the unending list are threatening me, screaming that there isn’t time to do it all. But I quickly whisk that aside with a surge of determination. “I can do this!” It is at that exact moment I realize why. It is that realization that brings me to one of the core values that I will use in my essay.

I have the most amazing people in my life. Each member of my family is facing a life as busy as mine, yet not once have they been anything less than encouraging. They are constantly here for me. If I can’t get the evening chores done, they jump in and do them for me. When I am not sure if I can do all of this, they are standing by refusing to let me think negatively; refusing to let me fail.

Besides my family, I have two of the most amazing friends. Not a day goes by that I don’t receive some sort of communication with them. We share our worlds, our responsibilities, our joys, our worries, and anything else that might come up. I find strength in these communications. It may be something as simple as a text saying “Woohoo! It isn’t raining here.” Or a seven page email elaborating on a situation they may be going through.  No matter what or how we choose to communicate, I find incredible joy, strength, and encouragement. I know they have been placed in my life for a reason.


In a previous blog, I stated “I believe people want to be cared about.” I want to be as encouraging, supporting, and loving as my family and friends have been to me. I want to share with others the kind of strength that they have shared with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment